Sunday, June 22, 2008

The girl next class !!!

This was the first time my friend showed her to me.I wasn't that much impressed about her looks.I didn't realize then,that i would die to have a glimpse of her in future.This proves that i was still human.So then, you should be itching to know her name.Her name was Harika!A name that didn't come in my mind for some time after.Then again fate has some strange ways of mocking at us.Unfortunately i met her again.I would say this because she started to cloud my thoughts and leave me sleepless for many a nights.It was a cultural event in my college.She was one among the team members in which i was a part too.Her eyes were like stars which had fallen from those heavens.Or did God make a mistake by implanting those pearls in her eyes!Either way i had a special attraction towards her.The girl who hadn't meant anything to me some time back was like an angel now.These do show the vagaries in human perception.Such emotional freaks we are!Alt least i was.


Then days passed on without much happening except for those script preparations and other stuff for the skit.I wanted to strike a conversation with her.So that something material can happen between us.God was on my side this time.I got some real time to speak with her.She wasn't that outspoken type of girl that every guy would love to befriend.Nevertheless i liked her.The next few days were really good.It seemed that a good friendship was blossoming between us.Days passed.We had come to the last day of our cultural events.I just went back to my home to have a good nap that night.I loved my terrace where those soft breeze would make me doze and those sweet scent of flowers would make me give up anything in life,though not harika!


The night became longer.I was hardly getting any sleep.I was a bit disheartened by the fact that the next day morning all this fun would be over.I tried to close my eyes to let at least the moon to sleep while i lay thinking of those stars in her cute eyes.I don't remember when i slept.I stayed in a colourful world covered with happiness alone.Those grey eyes and the dimple in her cheeks filled the entire place.


Then suddenly i could feel the pain.As though someone had struck me with a strong iron bar on my head.I could feel the heat rise up my spine.Ouchhh it was painful.I woke up from my sleep to only know that i was on the floor and not on my bed.The time was around 4 in the evening.Oh dear!I couldn't believe that all this was a dream, a day dream.Oh to my disappointment i realized the fact that i was in my summer vacation and the cultural event were yet to commence.Then what about Harika?Her sparkling eyes?It was painful to accept that she was also a dream.I wanted to stay in this wonderland and dream this dream over and over.I wished that i wasn't awake and all this were true.But fate had other plans and has made me fall!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one... Was it really your experience??

Vimal said...

Can say... a lil bit of fact and more fiction ...

Ciela said...

So sad it was only a dream. But there's a real Harika in your life for sure! (Lol)

Btw, this is a very interesting blog you have here. Do you have your links? If so, please link me and I'll do the same.

My blog site: http://ailecgee.i.ph

Unknown said...

hey vimal... it was too good....
i really went into it and imagined wat u had written. good one ya. :-)